January 4, 2018
Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) are made up of people with experience, knowledge and skills in particular industry sectors. As a committee, they are responsible for driving the development of training packages that meet the current and future needs of industry.
IRCs perform the following functions, with support from IBSA:
- Provide a forum for industry engagement
- Gather intelligence for their industry sectors to inform advice on training package development and review
- Direct the work of its SSO in the development of the Industry Skills Forecasts, Cases for Change, Cases for Endorsement and other support material
- Oversee the development and review of training packages in line with the requirements of the Australian Industry and Skills Commission (AISC)
- Provide sign off for Industry Skills Forecasts, Cases for Change, Cases for Endorsement and other submissions for consideration by the AISC
- Report to the AISC on the progress of its work
- Promote Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the sectors they represent.